Pranayama and Asanas to Thrive During Challenging Times
With Kristine Kaoverii Weber, MA, C-IAYT, eRYT500, YACEP | February 20 and 21
Pre-2020, yoga might have seemed like a good idea – a healthy habit, a nice hobby, or a good wellness routine. But the pandemic changed all that – now yoga is an essential survival and thriving strategy.
Slow, mindful yoga asana practice that’s sequenced to create resilience in the nervous system, followed by specific interoceptively-focused pranayama practices are exactly what is called for at this moment in order to create and sustain a healthy nervous system in order to cope with the many challenges that we are all facing right now.
Please join us for this relaxing weekend workshop. You will learn practices that will help you to build strength in your nervous system, reduce depression and anxiety, and move forward with hope and optimism.
This workshop will help you learn to manage your stress, your nervous system, and your life. It will help you learn techniques to share with your family and friends (or students if you are a teacher) and it will give you a chance to take a respite from the multiple stressors of our times.
- Identify how to work with the breath during asanas and seated pranayama to create specific, desired effects on the nervous system.
- Differentiate between sequences that build nourishing energy and those that cultivate peace and calm in the nervous system.
- Practice four different sequences – 2 for building energy and stamina, and 2 for reducing anxiety and agitation.
- Practice four different pranayamas – 2 for building energy and stamina, and 2 for reducing anxiety and agitation.
- Understand the neuroscience behind integrated pranayama and asana practices.
For yoga teachers and enthusiasts alike!
In addition to the didactic and practice sessions, this workshop will also include Subtle Yoga signatures – chanting, self-massage, dharma circles, time for journaling and reflection, as well as community building.
Please join us!
You are eligible for 11 CEU contact hours from Yoga Alliance upon completion.
February 20 and 21
11 am to 5 pm US EST (both days)
ONLINE VIA ZOOM
This workshop will be held via Zoom and will be recorded.
Can’t make these times? No worries, we’ll send you the replay!